Pages

Sunday 3 May 2009

First Blog of the evening - A Puzzle piece

Well just one more piece left and then I'll be on the hunt to see if I can find anymore of these fab sized jigsaw pieces. This one I covered in a pink birdcage paper which I inked with "Tattered Rose", distress ink, added a vintage photo of a young girl in a birdcage and added lots of lovely pink flowers and green leaves (used a leaf punch for these which were inked and curled). The sentiment "It is the beutiful bird that gets caged", is an old Chinese proverb. A bit of lace, ribbon and a dash of pearls and here it is.

2 comments:

  1. WOW Polly I thought that cage was real, as in you'd made it out of wire - it looks fab

    Love your leaves punch, can you remember who it's by and where you got it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the leaf punch info Polly, we're going there soon for a water colour workshop, are you coming too? Hope so xxxx

    ReplyDelete