Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2009

Tag Card with envelope & a little 'pink' wall hanging

I dont know, just dont seem to have the time to play let alone blog these days but today was different!!!!! Had the whole afternoon off so I took full advantage and played!!! Started off by making a tag card in a sleeve - the sleeve took quite a while to do as I didn't want to have any seams showing. After inking the edges of the sleeve I decorated it with some K&Co paper which I distressed and again inked, stamped the quote on white card and then used my nestabilties in the cuttlebug to create the flourish shapes. The tag was simple - used a chipboard tag as a template, stamped around the edges with a swirl stamp, a thank you stamped onto white card and the nestabilities were used again to create the shapes. And this is it.....



Then still some more time before Steve came home to make this little wall hanging. These mother and child images were from the Crafty Individuals People & Places pad - lots of lovely images and a real bargain at £3.99. I used a large heart punch to cut out some white mulberry paper, cut round the images, stuck them on the heart and just tore some white mulberry paper to create a feathered effect. A little bit of gold paper was added to each of the hearts, and then they were mounted on some pink paper (again K&Co), edged with gold embossing powder and then matted onto white card. My new Crafty Individual stamp was used for the words and then just a gold rivet was added. The main board was created in the same way with the words 'daughter' from the cuttlebug, 'is a gift of' was printed off the pc and Love was some letters I got from Harrogate earlier this year. Added ribbon to each of the pieces and voila.....



Its very pink I know but I like my pinks!!!! Hopefully I will get more time to play again - have some new Crafty Individuals slide mounts (thanks Sue) - have some ideas for these. BFN x

3 comments:

  1. Oooh Polly your wall mount is lovely, even thought it's very pink!!!

    But obviously, been as your thank you tag is green, it wins hands down

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH we just love pink eh Polly, lol, mind you I love green too at the minute. Lovely bit of crafting you've been doing. Can you make a couple of hours on Saturday to paint your step? Speak to you any way soon.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to see you blogging again. Love the green tag myself over the PINK!!!!!!! Although as always everything you do is so beautiful.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete