Pages

Saturday 8 August 2009

Scrapbook page - Cutie pies

You know once you get an idea in your head - well this page was an idea I had last night and I worked on it til just after midnight - thank goodness I didn't have to get up for work today!!!!!

Its a photo of my 2 grandchildren Eli Mae and Daisy. The paper is from a K&Co paper pad which I bought from Tilly's in Immingham. Went for the first time last week and what a little treasure trove it is - full of shabby chic like items (my fave make of Melissa Frances adorned all the walls) - could have spent ages in there (and according to hubby - I did) !!!



See what I mean! Anyway back to the page - this is it.



The base page I did nothing to it but the page on top was just cut from a template I made, distressed with a thread cutter and inked with Vintage photo. The few v tears I made I just put some pink scrap paper behind it. The roses were made from lovehearts. I traced round several hearts from a Fiskars heart template and patiently cut each one out, inked, pierced a hole in the bottom of each of the hearts, inserted a brad and scrunched the whole thing up really roughly. I cut the butterfly out as well and the leaves were made with the leaf die cuts for the cuttlebug. This is a close up



The lettering is from the same pad as the paper - the little butterflies from a Martha Stewart punch and a few pink pearls added to the circle -and that's it. Working on yet another page very similar which I'm hoping to finish and blog tomorrow.

As you all know Sue and Paul became grandparents for the first time - and both very excited and proud - lovely to see. Made a matching card and door hanger again from Melissa Frances 'Alice' paper. The door hanger is made from very thick carboard 26 cms long by 9cms wide - a hole cut with a circle cutter and then just decorated. Trawled the net for ages looking for a baby and dog image and eventually found this.



Well that's it for now - have a good weekend x

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow the page is lovely, and the roses well worth the work that must have gone into them. The photo looks interesting - must make a visit. Joshua's card and matching accompaniment are gorgeous. Cya soon and enjoy your time off as we have. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The page is YUMMY!!!!! Those roses are just gorgeous, they must have taken you ages, but as you say, well worth the time and trouble, they are so unique. Faye was thrilled to bits with her 'stash of goodies'. Thanks so much. I feel sure she will thank you and Steve heself when she sees you.
    Can't wait to see the other page. Enjoy your time off, see you soon.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page Polly, you have more patience than me, but you are well rewarded for your efforts xxxx

    Lovely baby and doggie bits, I'msure they will be thrilled with them xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Polly. it was lovely to meet up with you at the range today. Your blogg always amazes me, I love your style.

    Bee xx

    ReplyDelete