Pages

Thursday 7 January 2010

A Paper Maniac Card Challenge

Can't quite believe that I haven't blogged in well over a month wow!! Happy New Year to you all. Hope everyone had a lovely festive Christmas and New Year.

Well one of my New Year resolutions was to try and participate in some challenges - just for fun and to try and up my confidence a little. Was blog-hopping for quite some time last night (as you do!!!) and came across this challenge site Paper Maniac. Their first challenge of the year was to follow a sketch - liked it so thought I would have a go at entering. I've used a stamp called Sitting Annie which I got for Christmas along with a fab tin of Polychromos Pencils, Sansador, Bristol Board and some paper stumps (thanks to my lovely hubby who must have listened to Santa!!!).

Still practising the colouring but the bristol board is so smooth!!!! Love it. Cut the image out by hand and added it to a small oval scalloped nestability and added this one to a larger one. Added some white lace and red velvet ribbon, a few roses and here it is (must admit to rotating the sketch but think its ok to do that).




Just one more thing to say - got a lovely honourable mention for my Victorian Cone on the Lets Get Shabby Challenge - dont think I can mention the word Tussie Mussie without smiling) TTFN xx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Polly
    oh we sure have missed you. Love your first post and card for 2010 and ask where the papers are from as those swirlies are devine. I too have been blog hopping and collecting new challenges to try but must admit did not pass this one or I don't think I did
    Happy New Year to you both and your extended family
    hugs kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back in the 'land of blog' Polly. And a great card too. I must say you do lovely colouring! The new pencils and sansodar and papers obviously work well together. Finally finished JJ's book so hope to tidy up my craft room again tomorrow lol. See you soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popped over here from the Paper Maniac Challenge blog. Great work. What a fantastic little image any you have colored her so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete