Pages

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Chronic Laryngitus so craft room here I come!!!

I never thought that a cold could turn into Chronic Laryngitus but thats what it turned into. Completely lost my voice!! Neck hurt to move, sore throat from coughing etc. Not even a trip to The Range on Valentines Day could help. Had to write down notes to the doctor who advised me not to talk for 48 hours (which made the hubby smile) and I was to stay at home and keep warm (that made me smile) so craft room here I come!!!! Except didnt quite turn out like that - the antibiotics made me feel yukk to be honest so spent most of yesterday laid out on the sofa.

I did finish the card off today for Caardvark but today is too late - didn't realise it ended last night, thought I had until the weekend!

Anyway these are the cards I've been working on today. Here is the wedding card I made....



The image is one I found on the internet (I can surf for hours searching for images), paper is from the Tilda range which was distressed and inked with Walnut Stain. All the flowers are from Craft Orchids, my fave Doily punch was used as always and my new scalloped heart punch from Running with Scissors and a new butterfly punch which I got for Christmas.

I also received my Whiff of Joy City Girls stamps so once secured on Easi-mount made these 3 cards. I've used Tilda paper for the 2 red cards but the pink paper is from Bo Bunny where the selection in Running With Scissors is fab! The images were coloured in with Distress Inks and here they are.....






Will finish off my project for the Just Magnolia challenge tonight as I expect I will be back at work tomorrow - I can croak now and be heard!

TTFN and thanks for looking xx

7 comments:

  1. OMG Polly you have been a busy girl, all these cards are superb, I especially love the first one as the colours are so soft and subtle, but they are all fantastic, so sorry to hear you are poorly, big hugs and hoping you are soon feeling much better XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Polly hope you are feeling a little better, although I am sure that a few more days RESTING would be beneficial. Sorry you missed the caardvarks, I almost did (thought the same as you) Love your creations with the city girls stamps (not got to mine as yet) I think we live on the same planet in our heads, my Magnolia creation is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm how can I say this, well in my head, on the worktop, on the floor and still in several places in the Beach Hut (oh the new glue pad arrived) so can actually now start work
    look after yourself
    Hugs from both of us Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better soon, Polly! :o(
    Great cards.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great Polly. It's a shame you miseed the Caardvark entry as it is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!! It was a nice theme to work to. I see what you mean about these new stamps, cute but not twee, they are lovely and the colouring is to perfection. Lookin forward to seeing you as soon as you are well........ x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you are so poorly Polly..I guess the pl;us side is being confined to your craft room for hours and hours and hours....yay!!!
    Such awesome work too, my mojo normally vanishes when I am ill!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh sorry you are not feeling too good!! But at least you didn't waste your time!!!!

    Fantastic card and I love your Caardvark one, stunning! So elegant!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards, especially the first one, I love anything vintage, thanks for your kind comment on my blog, much appreciated!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete