Pages

Friday 12 March 2010

A Scrap layout, A Suzi Blu & a Mothers Day Card

A bit of everything this evening - Steve's out with some friends so not expecting him home sober so hopefully he won't realise that his family sized Toblerone has shrunk to snack size ;O)!!! It's been sat in the fridge for weeks - how can you leave chocolate for that long!!!!

So with Soft Cell - Where did your love go on repeat and on full blast heres what I've been doing this evening!

When I visited my Dad last week he let me go through all his photo albums and pick whatever photo I wanted - he said it was a shame to keep them in books and no-one sees them. Well although I wasn't greedy I certainly came away with a few, Got some of my mom who passed away 16 years ago - I look like her at her age, some of me when I was a teenager with a purple wedge!!! and some of Viki as a little baby. So I've put cards on the back burner and started scrapping.

This is a photo of my nanna when she was about 5 years old. The papers are from the Pink Paisley range which I got from the States last year.



Here is my Suzi Blu Le Petite Doll cut and stuck on a piece of plywood. The background is not what she asked for but hey :O) I like it! Got a few more on the go so hopefully they will get better.



And here is a Mothers Day card for a friend at work - decided to use my Tilda stamps that arrived yesterday from the Hoppy Easter range. The delicious paper is K&Company from Running with Scissors. All the images where coloured with Rangers Distress Inks.


Well just about finished my Lets Get Shabby project - Steve's just walked in so best get him a cuppa. Have a good weekend and TFL XXX

By the way - huge congratulations to Kate aka downrightcrafty who has just become a member of a DT - - well done lovie xx

4 comments:

  1. oh thanks hun, think I was suppose to keep it a little quiet until they announce it but I nearly screamed the house down. The photo of your nanna is gorgeous, oh those old photo's didn't half make everyone look good. Maybe it could have helped me :)) Your Suzi Blu looks fab photographed and can't wait for our stamping day as those new stamps look great on that easel card. cya soon hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Polli!! thank you so very much for stopping by my blog!!it was very kind and sweet of you.
    Love the simplicity of this lo and the gorgeous photo!! your cards are adorables!!! I really love your creativity!!
    Very nice to meet you!!
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I must have missed this post - sorry !!! I am glad I scrolled back, what gorgeous eye candy you are delighting us with Polly, are there no ends to your talents, the card is GORGEOUS, the layout is too, I especially like the colour combination and of course that special photo just makes the page, but my eyes keep being drawn to your Suzi blu - she is adorable, I love love love her and the background is amazing too, wow you are much further on than me, I am still messing around colouring in faces, cant seem to drag myself away from the pencils lol ( I think I have a new addiction, it is like being 10 again with a brand new box of pencils from woollies in the start of the summer hols) lol sorry for the rambling - too much coffee obviously lol - have a great weekend XXX

    ReplyDelete